The new URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 Broadcast Cinema Camera from Blackmagic Design is the second generation URSA Mini Pro with entirely redesigned electronic components, compatible with the new Blackmagic RAW recording format and that records on CFast or SD cards, or directly on external flash drives via the new USB Type-C expansion port. This latest URSA Mini Pro G2 (Generation 2) camera is equipped with a new 4.6K Super 35mm sensor that captures up to 4608 x 2592 pixels, with 15 stops of dynamic range and ISO of 3200 which allows you to record images at 120 fps in 4.6K using the entire surface of the sensor, at 150 fps in 4K DCI in window mode, and at as high as 300 fps in 1080 HD in window mode.
URSA Mini Pro G2 is made of an aluminum body and is equipped with an external and backlit LCD status display that displays essential shooting information and a resealable touch screen. A variety of professional connections are available including 12G-SDI and XLR audio, and integrated stereo microphones. Designed to be extremely tough and fully featured. It includes everything customers need in a compact handheld magnesium alloy body that’s durable and light enough to use anywhere. There’s an external high visibility backlit LCD status display for viewing critical shooting information, a foldout touch screen for reviewing shots without needing an extra on-set monitor, professional connections such as 12G-SDI, XLR audio, built in high quality stereo microphones and more. Plus, every single control on the camera is redundant, including the power, so if anything should go wrong in the field, the camera can still be used. URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 features neutral density (ND) filters with IR compensation for quickly reducing the amount of light that enters the camera. The 2, 4 and 6 stop filters are specifically designed to match the colorimetry of the camera and provide additional latitude, even under harsh lighting conditions. That means customers can use different combinations of aperture and shutter angle to achieve shallower depth of field, or specific levels of motion blur, in a wider range of situations. The IR filters evenly compensate for both far red and infrared wave lengths to eliminate IR contamination. The ND filters are true optical filters with a precision mechanism that quickly moves them into place when the ND filter dial is turned. URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 also uses Blackmagic Design Generation 4 Color Science for superior imaging that results in extremely accurate skin tones and gorgeous, lifelike colors that rival those of cameras costing tens of thousands of dollars more. Blackmagic RAW images are encoded using a custom non-linear 12-bit space designed to provide the maximum amount of color data and dynamic range. These formats can be recorded onto CFast or SD cards, as well as direct to flash disks using the new USB-C expansion port.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 can capture Blackmagic RAW images in both film and extended video modes, making it perfect for high end feature films, television shows, commercials, and indie films as well as broadcast news, studio and even live multi camera production. That makes URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 ideal for capturing stylized fast action documentary work, nature photography, sports and more. Blackmagic RAW is a revolutionary, next generation codec that gives customers visually lossless images, extensive metadata support and highly optimized GPU and CPU accelerated processing. Blackmagic RAW combines the quality and workflow advantages of traditional RAW formats with the speed and ease of use of standard video codecs. With Blackmagic RAW, customers can choose compression levels up to 12:1 and still get stunning images that can be used for feature films, documentaries and broadcast programming. Blackmagic RAW settings such as 12:1 are important to allow customers to get the highest frame rates from the camera, and this means only Blackmagic RAW can allow high frame rates while retaining enough quality for professional results.
Includes full DaVinci Resolve Studio software, giving you a complete post production solution. This powerful software combines professional nonlinear video editing with the world’s most advanced color corrector for importing, editing, color correcting, finishing and delivering projects shot on URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2. DaVinci Resolve Studio works natively with Blackmagic RAW files from the camera, so customers can take them directly into post production without having to convert or change them. Every single bit of quality is preserved because it is a true lossless workflow. Using DaVinci Resolve Studio is the fastest and highest quality way to work with Blackmagic RAW files from URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2.
Main New Features:
• Digital camera with 15 stops of dynamic range.
• 4th generation 4.6K Super 35 sensor.
• Recording 4.6K with project frame rates up to 60 fps and slow motion off-speed up to 120 fps. 4K DCI recording at 150 fps and HD at 300 fps in Blackmagic RAW format.
• EF lens mount interchangeable series. The PL, B4 and F connections can be purchased separately.
• Neutral density (ND) filters with 2, 4 and 6 stops with IR correction, compatible with colorimetry and color space of Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2.
• Redundant external controls of direct access to the main camera settings including power, ND filters, ISO, shutter, white balance, rec, audio gain, transport and lens control, and high frame rate (HDR).
• Two CFast 2.0 card slots and two UHS II SD card slots for unlimited high quality recordings.
• High-speed USB C expansion port for recording directly on external flash drives or SSDs.
• Lightweight and durable magnesium alloy body.
• LCD status display for timecode, shutter and lens information, battery, recording status and audio levels.
• Compatibility with Blackmagic RAW files at constant bitrate 3: 1, 5: 1, 8: 1 and 12: 1 or constant quality Q0 and Q5; compatibility with ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 Proxy formats with resolutions of 4.6K, 4K, Ultra HD and HD.
• Recording at 300 fps in HD, 150 fps in 4K DCI, and 120 fps in 4.6K using the entire surface of the sensor.
• Standard connections including two XLR mic / line audio inputs with phantom power, 12G-SDI output for monitoring with status overlay, 4-pin XLR output to power the viewfinder viewfinder, headphone jack, LANC remote control, and standard power connection 12V DC 4-pin.
• High quality integrated stereo microphones for recording sound.
• 4-inch resealable touch screen for monitoring the set and settings.
• Full version of DaVinci Resolve color correction and editing software.
Core Microsystems has a Shopper Approved rating of 4.8/5 based on 436 ratings and reviews