Grass Valley, California (12 April 2023) – AJA Video Systems has introduced Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R, two new transmitter/receiver converters for transporting and controlling 4K/UltraHD/2K/HD/VESA Dante video and audio to/from 12G-SDI or HDMI 2.0 devices over a 1 GigE Dante AV network. The popular Dante Controller software makes it simple to administer audio and video streams from the AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R. Building on AJA's OG-DANTE-12GAM 12G-SDI/Dante 64-channel audio embedder/dissembedder, these new devices enable AV teams, professionals who manage video distribution in a networked facility, and systems integrators to integrate visually lossless, high-quality video into AV-over-IP environments spanning stadiums, arenas, theaters, churches, schools, office complexes, hotels, and more.
Utilizing Audinate's new Dante AV Ultra-high image quality solution for standard 1 GigE networks, AJA Dante AV 4K-T converts 4K/UHD/2K/HD/VESA SDI and HDMI to Dante AV Ultra signals, whereas Dante AV 4K-R supports conversion of Dante AV Ultra signals to 4K/UHD/2K/HD/VESA SDI and HDMI. Both devices provide unprecedented low latency and time synchronization, allowing for perfect lip sync with in-venue displays and external broadcasts and streams.
AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R also enable AV teams to leverage existing IP infrastructure and digital AV equipment across multiple physical locations for the seamless integration of video and boardroom conferencing technologies. Built-in networked control and adaptability make it simple to deploy and administer video walls and digital signage at a lower cost, with support for end-user routing to screens or speakers in the venue. AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R are also compatible with professional baseband devices, such as the AJA Ki Pro Ultra 12G and Io 4K Plus, and can be used with AJA KUMO SDI routers to efficiently route signals into or out of a Dante AV infrastructure.
Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R offer notable features.
- Transport 4K/UltraHD 60p 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 video output with ultra-low latency and visually lossless fidelity for IMAG and a variety of other applications.
- Use a network-efficient, high-quality JPEG 2000 codec to generate visually striking Dante AV Ultra video.
- Utilize switches and existing network infrastructure that are more cost-effective thanks to Dante AV compatibility with 1 GigE networks.
- Provide audio and video streams that are entirely time-aligned and independently routable.
- Compatibility with over 3500 Dante-enabled audio products already on the market.
- Control audio and video using the Windows and macOS software Audinate Dante Controller.
- Access a completely validated HDCP 2.2 over IP implementation.
- Control distant devices with ease via USB HID, serial, and Infrared transport and control (IR) over IP.
- Use either POE+ (25W 802.3at PoE+) or a DC power supply (12V 4a).
- 12G-SDI and HDMI 2.0 input (4K-T) and output (4K-R) are supported.
- KVM USB and IR interfaces for comprehensive KVM functionality.
- Analog RCA monitor audio outputs.
- Utilize a comprehensive array of connectivity options, including:
- 1x Neutrik etherCon RJ45 Connector – Gigabit Ethernet (Dante AV & POE+).
- *1x Neutrik etherCon RJ45 Connector, 1 GigE (For potential use)
- 1x 12G-SDI input (4K-T) or output (4K-R): YCbCr: SDI 4:2:2 10-bit only
- 1x HDMI 2.0 input (4K-T) or 1x HDMI 2.0 output (4K-R): RGB, YCbCr, 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 8-bit, 10-bit, and 12-bit
- 8-channel embedded audio support, from SDI or HDMI input/output
- Output BNC Ref (4K-T) or input BNC Ref (4K-R).
- Power: 12VDC and Power over Ethernet (+) on the Primary Ethernet port
- 1x DB-9 RS-422/ VISCA Serial Port
- 2x Type A USB 2.0 Connector
- Connector: 1x USB-Mini Host Front LED Indicators: Power, Codec, System, Status, Sync, and HDCP
- 3.5mm IR transmit and receive connector for IR over IP
- Complete support for HDCP on-board processing via EDID
- ** The 5-year warranty and world-class support offered by AJA.
* Never connect a secondary port to the primary switch .
*When the source video is HDCP-protected, SDI output is not available.
Pricing and Availability
AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R are available today from AJA’s worldwide network of resellers for $2495 US MSRP each. For rack mounting up to two units, the 1RU AJA IOX-RM rack mount shelf accessory is available for $120 US MSRP. For more information, visit www.aja.com/dante-av-ultra, or check out AJA’s What’s New Page. AJA Dante AV 4K-T and 4K-R will also be on display at NAB 2023 in the West Hall, booth #2600.