Roland XS-1HD by Roland Professional AV is a compact matrix switcher features multiple formats support with 4 x HDMI Input and 4 x HDMI Output. This switcher is ideal for live events at banquets, theaters, and halls where a wide range of video signals would be required. The Roland XS-1HD supports high-quality 4:4:4:/10-bit processing up to WUXGA/1080p resolution with frame synchronizer and scaler on all inputs. This matrix switcher has the ability to switch video from maximum four sources like computers, cameras, media players and thereafter assigns LCD projectors for display. With cross-point buttons, the input channel can be easily chosen for each output and this makes it quite user-friendly in terms of operation.
Features and Benefits
• Compact switcher - Roland XS-1HD comes with a table-top matrix switcher, which is compact in size. It is equivalent to a 13-inch laptop.
• HDMI Inputs and Outputs – What makes this feature-rich switcher score high on connectivity is its four HDMI inputs as well as outputs. This lets it connect with a wide number of devices.
• Frame synchronizer - It is used in video or television production in order to harmonize the timing of a video source signal so that it corresponds with a central timing reference.
• Scaler – XS 1HD easy to set-up as it has a scaler of high quality provided on each and every input. This results in full HD.
• Screen modes – There are three modes of operation for this multi-format matrix switcher – Switcher Mode, Matrix Mode, and Split Mode.
• Audio Mixer – It comes with an 8-channel digital audio mixer equipped within. It regulates audio from the stereo analog input and all the four HDMI signals.
• EDID emulator – With an EDID emulator, EDID communication with source devices is regularly maintained by providing EDID information that is pre-stored for different signal resolutions.
• USB flash drive – It can be connected with USB drives through which still images and videos can be accessed.
• Quick Edit – This helps in adjusting the audio or video right from the operation panel and one will therefore not have to access the menu. However, accessing the control settings helps in the positioning of an image, keeping the location of the PinP inset windows right, and regulating the audio volume.
• Serial control – With serial control, XS 1HD will work in tune with other switchers as well as mixers. Therefore, one would be able to easily operate it from outside.
• Stereo input – Both line-level stereo output and input can be merged with audio inputs by means of HDMI.
• Embedding and De-embedding audio – With the ability to both embed and de-embed audio, XS-1HD also supports audio-delay so that it can be adjusted for lip-syncing.
• Test pattern generator – With this, a projector’s or a big LED display’s video output can be adjusted. It is done by choosing diverse patterns that include cross-hatch, ramp and color bars.
• Outstanding memory – XS-1HD can save the current settings into any of the 16 memories. There might be specific configurations or scenes and therefore can be easily recalled whenever required.
In order to support a variety of applications, there are three different modes of XS-1HD:
• Switcher mode – With this mode, a seamless transition can be enjoyed between sources by using a cross-dissolve or key compositing. Instead of key-compositing, an AUX bus can, however, be used that would send out a video signal separately to a confidence monitor.
• Matrix mode – With this mode, four input video signals can be switched one by one to one of the four outputs. Owing to the scaler provided for each input, multiple video devices can be connected such as media players, cameras, laptops, smartphones, Blu-ray discs etc.
• Split mode – With the split mode, multiple videos can be displayed on a single screen. In fact, this mode allows to composite up to three small screens into a background video. So during e-learning presentations, where multiple videos have to be displayed, the split mode will come into action.
Core Microsystems has a Shopper Approved rating of 4.8/5 based on 253 ratings and reviews