Datavideo CG-500 HD/SD Graphic and Character is a powerful titling program designed especially for the live broadcast and video post-production environment. The Kit includes a CG-500 Graphic Software and TC-200 Title Creator ideal for SD or HD news, sports, weather forecasts, and entertainment programming. It is compatible with widely available professional video hardware and supports the flexible play-out of multiple playlists, even while titles are being created.
The CG-500 requires a TC-200, DECKLINK 4K Extreme card, or AJA card to be used as a DSK (Downstream Keyer) or Key and Fill for HD/SD-SDI sources. The system operation requires a high-end graphics card that is able to support Pixel/Vertex Shader Model 3.0 graphics card or above. 512 MB graphics memory and 128-bit or above. Nvidia card with 192 or more stream processors, ATI card with 720 stream processors or more.
• Suitable for live broadcasting with preview function
• High-quality render and GPU Effect, such as 3D page turn, shadow, and depth
• Modify on the fly without interrupting the current playing
• Intuitive GUI and Flexible playlist control, such as schedule play and hotkey control
• Real-time data update from CSV file, text file, and ODBC
• Compatible with various hardware and HD/SD formats
High-Quality Rendering with GPU Effects
Hundreds of keyframe based GUP effects, such as swirl, explode and linear light, can be rendered in real-time. The software features innovative
group and text, with full dynamic textures.
Graphics templates include layout template, CG layout template, animation template, effect template, etc. Preset effects include shader, gray color, and texture.
The CG-500 player is used to edit playing of title templates, subtitles graphics, and logos. Users have full control over playlists and play
layouts.CG-500 player consists of the menu bar and to bar, play control and playtime, layout list, template library 4 playlists, subtitles list,
quick playlist, preview windows, and program windows
The CG-500 is an editor is used to create layouts. It consists of toolbar, edit screen, timeline windows, properties windows and layouts list.
TC-200 Title Creator
The Datavideo TC-200 & CG-200 HD/SD Character Generator Kit combines the TC-200 Overlay Box with the CG-200 CG software into an on-screen graphics and titling solution that requires minimal PC processing power. The TC-200 can be used with Datavideo’s Windows-based Character Generator software such as CG-200, CG-250, CG-350 and CG-500.
The TC-200 allows producers to create professional CG overlays with a Windows laptop instead of transporting a high-end desktop PC with PCIe cards fitted. This manual covers the TC-200 overlay box only, a separate manual is provided with the supplied Character Generator software.
The CG-200 outputs a computer-generated video stream from a conventional laptop or PC running Windows via HDMI connection. Instead of RGB the output video format is 4:2:2 YCbCr+Alpha. Special hardware is required to separate picture and alpha channels such as Datavideo’s TC-200 overlay box or a Datavideo Switcher such as the SE-2200, SE-2800, SE-2850 and the upcoming TC-100 box.
• HDMI input for laptop CG overlay input.
• HD-SDI video input for overlay or optional genlock.
• Two HD-SDI outputs can be configured as separate Key & Fill outputs or as CG overlay with video.
• Supports video resolutions up to 1080i including PAL & NTSC.
• Unit can be powered from Battery DC voltage when using an accessory battery mounting plate [7 to 15 V DC Input].
• Easy to follow DIP switch configuration.
*An optional DVI to HDMI cable or Display Port adaptor to HDMI cable may be required depending on the laptop being used.