Telestream Pipeline Quad
Telestream Pipeline™ Quad is a network-based video capture and playout device for moving SD video and audio in and out of any file-based workflow. This cross-platform solution offers Mac and PC users more choices for fast, robust, reliable video capture.
- 4 channels of unparalleled encoding density in a compact 1RU box
- Confidence monitoring, to view what is being encoded
- Redundant power supplies for critical workflows
Pipeline is qualified on the following systems
- Telestream transcoding solutions
- FlipFactory v6.0, 6.1 and 7.0 or later
- Episode/Episode Engine 4.4 or later
- Apple Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 or later
- Adobe Premier Pro CS3/CS4
- Avid Media Composer 3.5 or later
- Avid Symphony 3.5 or later
Video I/O (per channel)
- All models: SMPTE 259M-C (270Mb/s, 480i/576i)
Audio I/O (per channel)
- Up to 16 channels embedded SDI audio (8 ch. max for SC/Quad) 48Khz / 16/24bit / Uncompressed
SDI Sync Reference Input (Quad or HD Dual only)
- Looped output
VTR Machine Control (per channel)
- RS-422, 9 pin Sony Protocol
Video Encode/Decode Formats (NTSC/PAL)²
- Standard Definition (All models)
- DV/DVCPRO (25Mbps)
- IMX 30, 40, 50
- ProRes 422
- MPEG-2 I-frame (50Mbps)
Media Format Wrappers
- OPAtom MXF/AAF
- OP1a MXF
- XDCAM MXF
- QuickTime MOV
Time code sources
- Input signal VITC, RS-422,
- SDI Sync reference VITC
- SNTP (Simple Network Time Protocol)
- Quad: 1000 Mbps Ethernet port
- Protocols - TCP/IP, UDP, RTSP, RTP,
- Apple® Bonjour compliant (device discovery/control)
- HD Dual or Quad: 439mm/17.9” W x 336mm/13.25” D x 44mm/1.73” H
- Macintosh & Windows
Minimum System Requirements³
- Hardware: Intel Core Duo, Core 2 Duo or Quad Core CPU, 2GB RAM minimum, dedicated media storage drive, 1 gigabit Ethernet adapter
- Operating system: Mac OS X 10.5 or later, Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 & 2008
Sits on your network, so anyone can access it
Pipeline provides freedom from the hassles, limitations and expense of traditional capture-card solutions on a dedicated workstation. Common network protocols, RS-422 deck control and frame-accurate ingest/playout make Pipeline a smart choice for any video workflow.
More choices, more flexibility
We offer four easy ways to capture your video: schedule recording of live feeds, log and capture from tape, manual record and control through a simple automation API. Pipeline now provides direct support for MXF workflows, creating native Avid OPAtom, generic OP1a and XDCAM OP1a media. In addition to capture, we offer an easy Print to Tape interface for those wishing to insert edit, assemble edit or crash playout back to tape. We offer a choice of encoding formats in a single box to handle your changing format needs. SD models encode to DV25, DVCPRO25, IMX, ProRes 422 and MPEG-2 I-frame.
Edit or transcode while capture for quick turnaround
Pipeline allows you to edit or transcode your media files while they are being captured. No need to wait for the complete file to arrive. Batch ingest from an EDL file allows you to encode multiple clips from a single tape. Plus, real-time reliable hardware encoding removes capture card/workstation operating system and driver incompatibilities.
Cost-effective network import/export station
Pipeline enables any machine on the network to act as a dedicated, network import/export station – making it very cost effective. In addition, Pipeline offers support for direct extraction of VBI data and a wide variety of time code sources. Powerful web service API makes it easy to develop an application that will automate control of multiple Pipeline systems. A complete, SDK is available free for easy integration into any workflow.
Pipeline Quad offer unparalleled encoding density in a compact 1RU box – plus, they include confidence monitoring to view what is being encoded and redundant power supplies for critical workflows. Stack them or rack them for scalability to an unlimited number of channels.
Ingest into editing workflows
Pipeline saves significant time and costs over traditional ingest solutions by importing media directly into your editing workflow. A single workstation or server can handle the demands of ingesting 8 SD. QuickTime movie files are ready immediately, allowing incoming events and breaking news to be edited while they are being captured. External encoding allows you to use your workstation for editing – instead of waiting for clips to be rendered. Plus, Pipeline's customizable keyboard commands allow you to set up your workflow the way you want.
Ingest into transcoding workflows
Use Pipeline for high-quality baseband ingest into your transcoding workflow. Telestream's FlipFactory and Vantage products allow simultaneously create a high-res file for storage while creating a low-res proxy or create any number of additional file formats in near-real-time. Transcoding begins immediately while ingesting media, saving you time and money. Pipeline also preserves important metadata throughout your transcoding workflow.
Ingest into DAMs and digital archives
Pipeline streamlines ingest into online libraries, digital asset management systems and archives, including Apple's Final Cut Server, North Plains' TeleScope DAM system and Microsoft's Interactive Media Manager and more.
Ideal for real-time video capture into a variety of broadcast, post-production and other professional workflows