Blackmagic DFR-8321-C-P OpenGear Frame
OpenGear is an open standard for rack mount converters and processing for television broadcasters. OpenGear uses a 2 rack unit rack frame that normally holds up to 10 plug in cards, or when using simpler cards, a double density frame can be used to hold up to 20 cards. Many manufacturers develop OpenGear cards and frames that can be mixed and matched. This gives you the freedom to build your facility without being locked into a proprietary rack standard.
Whatever unique or custom need you have, there will most likely be an OpenGear partner who makes it! OpenGear cards are hot swappable and can be controlled by the same java based DashBoard network control and monitoring software. DashBoard automatically checks the plugged in card’s function without any complicated driver loading. Because DashBoard is TCP/IP network based, you can monitor from remote sites, or monitor centrally within massive installations consisting of hundreds of OpenGear cards and rack frames.
Broadcast Strength Conversion!
Engineers love rack mounting converters because it’s the only way to make sure you can instantly change the converter in case of a break down.
- 2RU (3.5") height
- The OpenGear chassis is a 21-slot, open-standards chassis that can be mounted in a rack for conversion and processing work
- Accepts different modules to enhance its functionality, allowing the solution to be expanded or scaled at will
- Contains cooling fans, one power supply, and built in basic networking capabilities
- One of the twenty-one slots is dedicated for the optional MFC-8320-N-P or MFC-8320-NS-P network controller cards
- It also contains an extra slot where a redundant PS-8300 power supply can be added
- Many applications may require the MFC-8320-N-P network controller card for operation
- Basic networking only allows one DashBoard application connection at a time
- DataSafe, slot renaming, and SNMP are not supported on this model