Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 3D
Uncompressed editing in HD, 2K and 3D on your laptop!
Introducing UltraStudio 3D, the world's most innovative video capture and playback device using Intel 's new, lightning fast Thunderbolt technology! UltraStudio 3D is compact, portable and affordable, yet has high performance for SD, HD or 2K capture and playback that Hollywood film, broadcast television, and post production markets demand. UltraStudio 3D even supports two streams of full resolution video up to 1080p HD for new stereoscopic 3D workflows!
Portable Thunderbolt based capture and playback device with full resolution dual stream 3D support, 12 bit hardware architecture, Dual Link 3 Gb/s SDI, HDMI 1.4a and component analog connections plus full SD, HD and 2K support. UltraStudio 3D is perfect for 3D workflows as it features both interleaved/side by side and dual stream capture and playback. Includes Media Express for interleaved and dual stream 3D capture and playback for a complete 3D solution!
The Power of Thunderbolt
Built on revolutionary Thunderbolt technology, UltraStudio 3D has a blazingly fast 10 Gb/s connection that 's up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0. That 's enough bandwidth for 2K RGB capture and playback! Thunderbolt also brings low latency and highly accurate time synchronization, so UltraStudio 3D is perfect for demanding stereoscopic 3D workflows. Now you can get all the workstation class performance you love, conveniently on your notebook!
Amazing 3D Workflow!
UltraStudio 3D includes high quality HDMI 1.4a and dual HD-SDI connections for full resolution frame packed 3D capture and playback. Work in side-by-side, line-by-line, and top and bottom formats, even with previous generation 3D devices. Blackmagic Design 's free Media Express software allows advanced dual stream 3D workflows by capturing left and right eye to separate QuickTime or DPX files for a complete 3D solution!
UltraStudio 3D. Simply Stunning Design
Machined from a solid piece of aluminium, UltraStudio 3D is an attractive, rugged device that 's packed with features previously only available with a workstation. It 's perfect for those on the go as an extremely portable companion to your camera, notebook and favorite NLE package. Imagine keying graphics in real-time in live video environments or connecting high performance storage, a full HD plasma and UltraStudio 3D to your MacBook Pro to handle just about all of your post and feature film workflows!
Now you can handle any job that comes through your door, from TVC to 2K feature films, because UltraStudio 3D supports uncompressed YUV 4:2:2 and RGB 4:4:4 workflows up to full resolution 2K! Since all captured images are a pixel-for-pixel clone of the source, without any generational loss or damaging compression, you 're working at the highest quality possible. Get the sharpest green screens, cleanest compositions, superior color correction and more! With mature drivers, award winning Media Express software, and sophisticated SDK included, UltraStudio 3D is an unparalleled solution.
International Power Supply
UltraStudio 3D includes a universal power supply complete with a set of international socket adapters for all countries. Now you can take your editing suite with you anywhere without the need to purchase third party adapters.
World's Highest Quality Connections
UltraStudio 3D takes advantage of the fastest data pipe available via a compact Thunderbolt port. With high quality low jitter SDI connections and instant switching between SD, HD and 2K, UltraStudio 3D is the perfect capture and playback device for your work now and well into the future! Connect all your I/O devices with single and dual link 3 Gb/s HD-SDI, HDMI 1.4a, and analog video in and out, as well as 16 channel SDI audio I/O, genlock for bi and tri level sync, and serial deck control. Easily connect to decks such as HDCAM-SR, HDCAM, D5, Digital Betacam, DVCPRO HD, and more for frame accurate editing and recording!
Compatible with Everything!
With UltraStudio 3D you get more third party software compatibility! Seamlessly edit on your favorite NLE software such as Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro. For compositing and broadcast design, UltraStudio 3D works with After Effects, Nuke, and Photoshop. Imagine color grading live on set with UltraStudio 3D and DaVinci Resolve on your MacBook Pro and seeing a real-time preview live on a big screen TV or projector! All UltraStudio 3D files are open standard DPX and QuickTime format, so are compatible with all software. UltraStudio 3D even includes a developer SDK and QuickTime API so you can develop your own custom solutions!
UltraStudio 3D includes everything you need for editing, paint or broadcast design. We include a full set of drivers for capture and playback with real-time effects in Premiere Pro! Also included is Media Express for batch capture and output to tape with frame accurate deck control using AVI, QuickTime and DPX files! Only Media Express lets you use virtually any software for video work! Adobe Photoshop is the world standard for paint and image design, and UltraStudio 3D includes Photoshop plug-ins so you can grab frames from the video input, or send frames to the video output, directly from within Photoshop itself! UltraStudio 3D also supports real-time RAM preview in Adobe After Effects!
Blackmagic Media Express Included!
Blackmagic Media Express is free software that comes with every UltraStudio 3D. Media Express lets you batch capture and play back 2D and dual stream stereoscopic 3D in DPX, ProRes, uncompressed YUV and RGB, DVCPRO HD and MJPEG files. You can even create your own playlist. Media Express also supports CMX EDL import and export, frame accurate deck control via RS-422, and will even insert and assemble to tape! Media Express is fast, accurate and easy to use and works on Mac OS X. You can even grab still frames directly from your deck and save them as perfect digital quality still images. That 's a complete solution for capture and playback!
- SDI Video Input 2 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable
- SDI Video Output 2 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable
- Analog Video Input 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to S-Video or Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- Analog Video Output 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to S-Video or Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- HDMI Video Input 1 x HDMI 1.4a type A connector
- HDMI Video Output 1 x HDMI 1.4a type A connector
- Analog Audio Output 2 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors.
- Analog Audio Input 2 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors.
- AES/EBU Audio Input 2 Channels unbalanced with sample rate converter.
- AES/EBU Audio Output 2 Channels unbalanced with sample rate converter.
- SDI Audio Input 16 channels embedded in SD and HD.
- SDI Audio Output 16 channels embedded in SD and HD.
- HDMI Audio Input 8 channels embedded in SD and HD.
- HDMI Audio Output 8 channels embedded in SD and HD.
- Computer Interface Thunderbolt™
- Sync Input Blackburst in SD, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 formats or Tri-Sync in any HD format.
- Device Control Sony™ compatible RS422 deck control ports. Serial ports TxRx direction reversible under software control.
- SD Format Support
- 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC and 525/23.98 NTSC and 480p.
- HD Format Support
- 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60.
- 2K Format Support
- 2048 x 1556PsF24 and 2048 x 1556PsF25, 2048 x 1556p23.98, 2048 x 1556p24 and 2048 x 1556p25
- SDI Compliance SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M and SMPTE 425M
- SDI Metadata Support VITC read for 3:2 pulldown removal. VANC capture and playback using up to 3 lines of video in file. HD RP188. Closed captioning.
- Video Sampling 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- Audio Sampling Television standard sample rate of 48kHz at 24 bit.
- Color Precision 10-bitColor Space REC 601, REC 709
- Color Space REC 601, REC 709
- HDMI Color Precision 10 bit
- HDMI Resolution Pixel for pixel HD resolution input to connected device.
- Multiple Rate support SDI, HDMI and component analog video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s standard definition SDI, 1.5 Gb/s HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s HD and 2K SDI.
- Copy Protection For legal reasons HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- SD Format Support
- Colorspace Conversion Hardware based real-time.
- 3D Processing Dual stream and frame packed capture and playback.
- HD Down Conversion Software based down conversion during video playback.
- HD Up Conversion Real-time standard definition to 1080HD and 720HD during video capture.
- HD Cross Conversion Real-time 720HD to 1080HD during video capture.
- Real Time Effects Apple Final Cut Pro™ internal effects in DV, DVCPRO HD, ProRes and uncompressed on Intel Mac OS X™. Adobe® Premiere Pro® Mercury Playback Engine effects in DV, MJPEG, DVCPRO HD, DSLR, AVCHD, XDCAM, XDCAM HD and uncompressed.
- Software Included Media Express, Disk Speed Test, Blackmagic System Preferences and Blackmagic driver on Mac OS X™.
- Firmware Upgrade Firmware built into software driver. Loaded at system start or via updater software.
- Product Warranty 3 Year Limited Manufacturerft s Warranty.
- Requires Macintosh computer with Thunderbolt™ running Mac OS X 10.6.
- Please check the Support pages to see the full system requirements. http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/
- Operating System Compatibility Mac OS X 10.6™ Snow Leopard
- International Power Supply Standard 12V power supply with international adapters for connection to all power outlets. Cable tie down point.
- Thunderbolt™ connection Get blazing speeds for even full resolution real time dual stream 3D capture and playback!
- Dual Link SDI Inputs Dual Link SDI/HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s SDI input connection for decks, routers and cameras so you can capture amazing quality 10 bit video in SD or HD.
- Dual Link SDI Outputs Dual Link SDI/HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s SDI output connection for decks, routers and monitors so you can play back amazing quality 10 bit video in SD or HD.
- HDMI Input and Output HDMI 1.4a input and output connections for amazing quality capture and playback, even in full resolution 3D.
- Breakout Cable Extra connections for analog component/s-video and composite, analog audio, genlock, AES/EBU audio, RS-422 deck control and more!
World's Highest Quality Connections
UltraStudio 3D takes advantage of the fastest data pipe available via a compact Thunderbolt™ port. With high quality low jitter SDI connections and instant switching between SD, HD and 2K, UltraStudio 3D is the perfect capture and playback device for your work now and well into the future! Connect all your I/O devices with single and dual link 3 Gb/s HD-SDI, HDMI 1.4a, and analog video in and out, as well as 16 channel SDI audio I/O, genlock for bi and tri level sync, and serial deck control. Easily connect to decks such as HDCAM-SR, HDCAM, D5, Digital Betacam, DVCPRO HD, and more for frame accurate editing and recording!
Compatible with Everything!
With UltraStudio 3D you get more third party software compatibility! Seamlessly edit on your favorite NLE software such as Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro. For compositing and broadcast design, UltraStudio 3D works with After Effects, Nuke, and Photoshop. Imagine color grading live on set with UltraStudio 3D and DaVinci Resolve on your MacBook Pro and seeing a real time preview live on a big screen TV or projector! All UltraStudio 3D files are open standard DPX and QuickTime format, so are compatible with all software. UltraStudio 3D even includes a developer SDK and QuickTime API so you can develop your own custom solutions!
UltraStudio 3D includes everything you need for editing, paint or broadcast design. We include a full set of drivers for capture and playback with real time effects in Premiere Pro! Also included is Media Express for batch capture and output to tape with frame accurate deck control using AVI, QuickTime and DPX files! Only Media Express lets you use virtually any software for video work! Adobe Photoshop is the world standard for paint and image design, and UltraStudio 3D includes Photoshop plug-ins so you can grab frames from the video input, or send frames to the video output, directly from within Photoshop itself! UltraStudio 3D also supports real time RAM preview in Adobe After Effects!
No other editing solution works with more software!
UltraStudio 3D works with the software you love to use! Use QuickTime™ software, or the world’s most popular editing software such as Final Cut Pro™ and Premiere Pro™! You also get Photoshop™ plug-ins to grab and output frames, plus real-time preview in After Effects™ and Nuke™. No other cards support more software on Mac OS X, so now you have the freedom to build your studio your own way!
- Final Cut Pro™
Edit in Final Cut Pro™ while using the highest quality 10 bit HD-SDI video connection to HD decks including, HDCAM™ SR, HDCAM™, HD-D5™ and DVCPRO HD™, as well as SD decks such as Digital Betacam™. UltraStudio 3D support for Final Cut Pro™ allows you to batch capture from decks and play back the timeline with RT Extreme™ real-time effects, all with absolute sample accurate AV sync. UltraStudio 3D supports more advanced Final Cut Pro™ features such as 10 bit rendering, RT Extreme™, 16 channel audio, deck control, support for ProRes, JPEG, DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO HD, 8 and 10 bit uncompressed video and more. UltraStudio 3D is qualified by Apple™ for Final Cut Pro™ compatibility.
- Adobe Premiere Pro™
UltraStudio 3D is the highest quality editing solution for Adobe Premiere Pro. Included are a full suite of Premiere Pro plug-ins with deck control and full support for 8 and 10 bit uncompressed AVI and QuickTime™ files, as well as Motion JPEG and DVCPRO HD which can all be played back on the same Premiere Pro timeline without rendering. QuickTime™ uncompressed files from Mac OS X™ systems can also be played back for cross-platform media sharing! You can even playback AVCHD, DSLR and XDCAM HD. UltraStudio 3D has full support for Premiere Pro’s 8 channels of audio capture and playback via HD/SD-SDI, which is great for 5.1 surround sound editing.
- Adobe After Effects™
Adobe After Effects is one of the most popular tools for broadcast graphics and animation and UltraStudio 3D has special features that take full advantage of this great app! Because After Effects is fully QuickTime™ based, it works with all Blackmagic’s media. You can also open and render Blackmagic’s uncompressed 10 and 8 bit AVI and QuickTime™ files too. Files can be dropped into Final Cut Pro™ or Premiere Pro timelines without rendering, so you can move media between tools. UltraStudio 3D also provides full RAM preview playback, so you can always see what you’re working on. There is no better solution for using After Effects for high end work than UltraStudio 3D!
- Adobe Photoshop™
UltraStudio 3D includes special Photoshop plug-ins, so you can directly capture and output still frames from within the Photoshop. If you’re working with 10 bit HD/SD-SDI, you can even import and export 16 bit Photoshop™ images for full quality. Use UltraStudio 3D’s ‘keying to export’ and key standard definition graphics from the video input using Photoshop alpha channels. Outputting Photoshop graphics from UltraStudio 3D lets you see the correct color and the effects of video interlace and field movement. UltraStudio 3D uses ‘unity gain on’, so you can’t get illegal 100% RGB video levels, eliminating surprises when graphics are output to tape!
- Digidesign Pro Tools™
Pro Tools is the world's most popular audio post production tool and now all DeckLink cards support playback of the Pro Tools reference movies out to the video outputs all in real-time! When doing audio post production for video masters, it's incredibly easy to accidentally remove parts of audio while mixing and editing, and cause lip sync to misalignments between the video and audio tracks. Eliminate this problem by adding a DeckLink card to your ProTools system and playing video and audio together while mixing!
Blackmagic Utilities Included!
UltraStudio 3D also includes Blackmagic LiveKey, Blackmagic Disk Speed Test™ and the famous Blackmagic Codec. LiveKey lets you insert logos and other graphics in real-time using SDI outputs. Disk Speed Test checks your disk array and gives you an easy to understand speed test with the results in video frames per second! The world famous Blackmagic Codec allows highest rendering quality on Intensity and unlike other products, only the Blackmagic Codec features correct anti-aliasing 4:2:2 color filtering, so RGB graphics convert to correct 4:2:2 YUV video space without aliasing problems.
- SD Alpha Keying with LiveKey
UltraStudio 3D can be switched into standard definition keyer card so you can live insert logos and other graphics in real-time using the SDI outputs to an external mixer. The included LiveKey application allows you to turn on and control keying, and can also be used to output still images with alpha channels to key. LiveKey allows custom setting of key blending levels for live, up and down, fading of graphics. If you want to add a periodic overlay of a graphic, such as “not for copying or distribution" labels on dubs, then LiveKey has an automatic mode where graphics can be programmed to cycle up and down.
- Disk Speed Test
Configuring a high speed disk array for high speed uncompressed high definition video is getting easier. Even SATA disks can be connected together for low cost arrays with amazing speed and capacity. Use Disk Speed Test (included free) to get a great real world indication of your disk array performance. Reported in a simple frames per second count, Disk Speed Test uses long sustained block transfers just like capturing and playing video, so it’s more accurate than generic disk test utilities.