Blackmagic Design Mini Converter - SDI Distribution
Ideal for connecting the same signal to several devices at once. SDI distribution has an SD, HD and 3Gb/s auto switching input and provides 8 re-clocked outputs. It even handles ASI!. It also supports ancillary data and embedded audio!
Build your SDI studio with the most advanced converters
Only Mini Converters include auto SD/HD switching, redundant input, AES/EBU and analog audio on standard 1/4 inch jack connections, combined with advanced 3 Gb/s SDI technology. There are now 10 great models to choose from. Choose from models with analog, HDMI, audio, optical fiber, up, down, cross conversion and sync generation! From $295
High Quality SDI
Mini Converters are built to the highest quality standards with low SDI jitter. You get the longest SDI cable lengths combined with ultra low noise analog video and audio for a true broadcast quality solution. You also get the latest broadcast technology such as re-clocking and 3 Gb/s SDI. Mini Converters feature a unique redundant input for mission critical tasks. Connect a redundant cable to the second input, and if the main SDI input is lost, Mini Converters will automatically switch over in an instant. A loop-through SDI output is also provided for connecting to other devices.
AES/EBU and Analog Audio
Most Mini Converters feature 24 bit analog and 24 bit digital audio and HDMI models support HDMI audio. Unlike other converters you don't need custom audio cables and the standard 1/4 inch audio jacks switch between balanced analog audio or AES/EBU digital audio.
New 3 Gb/s SDI Technology
With the latest 3 Gb/s SDI technology built into Mini Converters you get modern broadcast technology that's future proof. Upgrades can be loaded via the USB connection for future video format compatibility.
Auto Switching SD and HD
Mini Converters instantly switch between all SD and HD video formats whenever the video input changes. A huge range of standards are supported including NTSC, PAL, 1080i/59.94, 1080i/50, 1080PsF/23.98, 720p/59.94, 720p/50 and new formats can be added via USB.
Redundant SDI Input
Mini Converters feature a unique redundant input for mission critical tasks such as broadcast or live events. You can connect a redundant cable to the second input, so if the main input is lost due to cable damage or any other cause, Mini Converter will automatically switch over to the redundant input cable. This lets you use Mini Converters in locations where crowds or the environment might cause cable damage, or lets you place Mini Converters in hard to reach locations such as roof mounted video projectors. A loop though SDI output is also provided for connecting to other devices. A loop-thru SDI connection is also great if you need more than 2 audio channels, as you can connect the loop-thru to another Mini Converter to de-embedd extra audio channels!
Hardware Down Converter
If you connect to analog SD equipment then you'll know how hard it is when modern SDI equipment unexpectedly changes between SD and HD. Mini Converter SDI to Analog includes an automatic high quality down converter that supports letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3.
International Power Supply
Unlike other converters, a high quality low noise universal power supply is included with international socket adapters for all countries. To stop power accidentally being disconnected, a cable tie point is included to lock down the power connection tight and secure!
- SDI Video Input Switchable between SD, HD and 3 Gb/s SDI.
- SDI Video Outputs 8 outputs automatically match the SDI video input.
- Multi Rate Support Auto detection of HD or standard definition inputs.
- Re-clocking Yes
- SDI Format Support NTSC, PAL, 720p, 1080i, 1080PsF, 1080p, 2K p and 2K PsF
- SDI Compliance SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M and SMPTE 425M
- SDI Video Rates SDI video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition.
- SDI Video Sampling 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- SDI Audio Sampling Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- SDI Color Precision 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- SDI Color Space YUV and RGB
- SDI Auto Switching Automatically selects between SD SDI, HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s SDI.
- ASI Support Yes
- Analog Color Space YUV
- Analog Color Precision 4:2:2
- HDMI Color Precision 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- HDMI Color Space YUV and RGB
- Copy Protection Mini Converter HDMI to SDI cannot convert from copy protected HDCP encrypted HDMI sources to SDI.
- Power Supply 12V universal power supply included with international socket adapters for all countries.
- 110 Volt Power Consumption 40 mA
- 220 Volt Power Consumption 20 mA
- Operational Voltage Range 12V - 30V
- Product Warranty 3 Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty