Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K
Now you can work in full uncompressed 4K!
Introducing the world's most advanced 4K SDI capture card! DeckLink 4K has the power of SDI capture and playback that now supports SD, HD, 2K and 4K. That's incredible quality unmatched in the industry. Now you can afford to do the highest quality video post production and full uncompressed 4K resolution feature film work! DeckLink 4K is perfect for post production, broadcast and feature films.
DeckLink 4K is future-proofed by design with support for all SDI formats, as well as a wide range of color spaces. Instantly switch between SD, HD, 2K and 4K so you can do any kind of work imaginable. DeckLink 4K also supports advanced video and film colorspaces, including REC601, REC709 and XYZ to meet DCI specifications. When you need the highest quality possible, you can even work in native 2K or 4K before down resolution converting to HD deliverables. With native 4K becoming more widely used for delivery, you'll be perfectly positioned to pass on full quality 4K masters with DeckLink 4K.
Unequaled Image Quality
DeckLink 4K captures and plays back native uncompressed 10-bit SD and 10-bit and 12-bit HD, 2K, and 4K in YUV 4:2:2 and RGB 4:4:4 for the absolute best quality images possible. You get a pixel-for-pixel mirror image capture of the source, without any generational loss or damaging compression. That means every bit of every pixel from the SDI input is retained unchanged, perfect for DaVinci Resolve color correction. Create the sharpest VFX plates for match moving, compositing, and more. With all of the raw uncompressed data available to you, there's no limit to your creativity!
The blistering 40 Gb/s data rate and extremely low latency of DeckLink 4K's 8 lane PCIe 2.0 interface lets you work quickly, whether you're doing editing, graphics, effects, or finishing. Blackmagic Design Media Express software is included so you can eliminate time-consuming transcoding by capturing directly from SDI inputs direct to DPX files for immediate use in VFX applications. DeckLink 4K is the perfect solution for real-time preview from motion graphic applications such as After Effects and Nuke, or even Adobe Photoshop for live paint. With 8 lane Gen 2 PCIe performance, you have a true advanced DI solution!
Now 4K technology does not need to be a complex engineering solution that's only used in the largest Hollywood post production facilities, because DeckLink 4K plugs into any supported Mac, Windows or Linux computer! Just connect the single slot PCI card and you get an unbeatable video production solution that supports all video formats and is easy to use. You get full support for popular software and DeckLink 4K supports virtually every television standard that exists! If you're interested in creating your own custom software solutions, we even include a developer SDK, DirectShow filters and QuickTime API!
- SDI Video Input 4 x 10/12-bit SD/HD/2K/4K and 2D/3D switchable.
- SDI Video Output 4 x 10/12-bit SD/HD/2K/4K and 2D/3D switchable.
- Analog Audio Output 2 Channels of unbalanced analog audio via RCA connectors
- AES/EBU Audio Output 2 Channels unbalanced with sample rate converter via BNC connectors
- SDI Audio Input 16 Channels embedded in SD, HD, 2K and 4K. 8 Channels embedded in 4K
- SDI Audio Output 16 Channels embedded in SD, HD, 2K and 4K. 8 Channels embedded in 4K
- Computer Interface PCI Express 8 lane, compatible with 8 and 16 lane PCIe slots.
- Sync Input Blackburst in SD, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 formats or Tri-Sync in any HD, 2K or 4K format
- Device Control Sony™ compatible RS422 deck control ports. Serial ports TxRx direction reversible under software control
- SD Format Support
- 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC, 525/23.98 NTSC.
- HD Format Support
- 720p/50, 720p/60, 720p/59.94, 1080i/50, 1080i/59.94, 1080PsF/23.98, 1080PsF/24, 1080PsF/25, 1080PsF/29.97, 1080PsF/30, 1080p/23.98, 1080p/24, 1080p/25, 1080p/29.97, 1080p/30, 1080p/50, 1080p/59.94, 1080p/60.
- 2K Format Support
- 2048x1080PsF/23.98, 2048x1080p/23.98, 2048x1080PsF/24, 2048x1080p/24, 2048x1080PsF/25, 2048x1080p/25, 2048 x 1556PsF23.98, 2048 x 1556PsF24, 2048 x 1556PsF25, 2048 x 1556p23.98, 2048 x 1556p24 and 2048 x 1556p25.
- 4K Format Support
- 3840x2160p/23.98, 3840x2160p/24, 3840x2160p/25, 3840x2160p/29.97, 3840x2160p/30, 4096x2048p/23.98, 4096x2048p/24, 4096x2048p/25, 4096x2160p23.98, 4096x2160p/24, 4096x2160p/25.
- SDI Compliance SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M and SMPTE 425M
- SDI Metadata Support VITC read for 3:2 pulldown removal. VANC capture and playback using up to 3 lines of video in file. HD RP188 and closed captioning.
- Video Sampling 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- Audio Sampling Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit
- Color Precision 8/10/12 bit
- Color Space REC 601, REC 709, CIE 1931
- Multiple Rate support SDI switches between 270 Mb/s standard definition SDI, 1.5 Gb/s HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s HD 2K and 4K SDI.
- SD Format Support
- Colorspace Conversion Hardware based real-time
- 3D Processing Dual stream and frame packed capture and playback.
- HD Down Conversion HD to SD on Video Capture or video playback.
- HD Up Conversion SD to 720HD or 1080HD, 720HD to 1080HD on video capture.
- Cross Conversion 720HD to 1080HD on video capture.
- Real Time Effects Apple Final Cut Pro™ RT Extreme effects. Adobe® Premiere Pro® Mercury Playback Engine.
- Software Included Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic System Preferences and Blackmagic driver on Mac OS X. Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic Control Panel and Blackmagic driver on Windows 7. Media Express, Blackmagic Control Panel and Blackmagic driver on Linux.
- Firmware Upgrade Firmware built into software driver. Loaded at system start or via updater software.
- Product Warranty 3 Year Limited Manufacturerft s Warranty.
- PCI Express 8 lane, compatible with 8 and 16 lane PCI Express slots on Mac OS X, Windows 7 and Linux.
- Mac OS X systems require a Mac Pro computer.
- Please check the Support pages to see the full system requirements. http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/
The Ultimate SDI Solution
With four mini BNC SDI inputs and four mini BNC SDI outputs you can connect to any SDI-based device. Each link can operate in SD, HD, and even 3 Gb/s SDI speeds. Use single link or dual link for SD, HD and 2K, and then connect to 4K devices using all 4 SDI links. DeckLink 4K really is a true native 4K solution! DeckLink 4K includes a breakout cable with RS-422 control, reference, and audio monitoring connectors. It also features low SDI jitter for the longest SDI cable lengths. DeckLink 4K is perfect for cutting-edge 4K DLPs like the Christie CP4320 or simply connect to a range of SDI tape decks such as Digital Betacam, HDCAM SR, XDCAM, D5 and DVCPRO HD or 1.5 Gb/s and 3 Gb/s routers.
Amazing 3D Workflow
DeckLink 4K is ready for advanced 3D work because it features build in support for dual stream workflows. Simply connect dual left and right eye sources to the A and B input and output SDI connections and DeckLink 4K will capture to stereoscopic 3D! You can capture direct to two full resolution HD files for left and right eye, or you can use the more compatible interleaved single file stereoscopic capture. Because dual stream is not always compatible with current editing software, Blackmagic Design's Media Express software fully supports capture and play out of dual stream 3D media files for a complete 3D solution!
Professional Quality Audio
DeckLink 4K includes support for a massive 16 channels of uncompressed SDI embedded audio, perfect for delivering all audio elements for your master surround, stereo and sub-mixes on one pass. DeckLink 4K features two channels of BNC AES pro audio out and two channel RCA analog out for audio monitoring, so you can use low cost HiFi audio systems for incredible quality audio monitoring!
Loads of Free Software and Utilities
DeckLink cards include the Media Express deck control software which lets you control a deck remotely via RS-422 for capture and playback of DPX, AVI and QuickTime™ clips with timecode accuracy. Media Express is supported on Mac OS X™, Windows™ and Linux™. To help set up high speed disk arrays for uncompressed 10 bit HD editing, DeckLink includes Blackmagic Disk Speed Test™ software that checks your disk array and gives you an easy to understand speed test with the results in video frames per second! DeckLink cards are designed for anyone who needs a bridge between the 'SD and HD worlds' with maximum analog compatibility for the widest range of video equipment. Check out DeckLink for your facility today!
Blackmagic Media Express Included!
Blackmagic Media Express is free software that comes with every DeckLink card. Media Express lets you batch capture and play back 2D and dual stream stereoscopic 3D in DPX, ProRes, uncompressed YUV and RGB, DVCPRO HD and MJPEG files. You can even create your own playlist. Media Express also supports CMX EDL import and export, frame accurate deck control via RS-422, and will even insert and assemble to tape! Media Express is fast, accurate and easy to use and works on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. You can even grab still frames directly from your deck and save them as perfect digital quality still images. That's a complete solution for capture and playback!
No other editing solution works with more software!
DeckLink cards work with the software you love to use! Use DirectShow™ and QuickTime™ software, or the world's most popular editing software such as Final Cut Pro™ and Premiere Pro™! You also get Photoshop™ plug-ins to grab and output frames, plus real-time preview in After Effects™, Fusion™ and Nuke™. No other cards support more software on Windows, Mac OS X or Linux, so now you have the freedom to build your studio your own way!
- Final Cut Pro™
Edit in Final Cut Pro™ while using the highest quality 10 bit HD-SDI video connection to HD decks including, HDCAM™ SR, HDCAM™, HD-D5™ and DVCPRO HD™, as well as SD decks such as Digital Betacam™. DeckLink support for Final Cut Pro™ allows you to batch capture from decks and play back the timeline with RT Extreme™ real time effects, all with absolute sample accurate AV sync. DeckLink cards support more advanced Final Cut Pro™ features such as 10 bit rendering, RT Extreme™, 16 channel audio, deck control, support for ProRes, JPEG, DV, DVCPRO, DVCPRO HD, 8 and 10 bit uncompressed video and more. DeckLink cards are qualified by Apple™ for Final Cut Pro™ compatibility.
- Adobe Premiere Pro™
DeckLink is the highest quality editing solution for Adobe Premiere Pro. Included are a full suite of Premiere Pro plug-ins with deck control and full support for 8 and 10 bit uncompressed AVI and QuickTime™ files, as well as Motion JPEG and DVCPRO HD which can all be played back on the same Premiere Pro timeline without rendering. QuickTime™ uncompressed files from Mac OS X™ systems can also be played back for cross-platform media sharing! You can even playback AVCHD, DSLR and XDCAM HD. DeckLink has full support for Premiere Pro's 8 channels of audio capture and playback via HD/SD-SDI, which is great for 5.1 surround sound editing.
- Adobe After Effects™
Adobe After Effects is one of the most popular tools for broadcast graphics and animation and DeckLink has special features that take full advantage of this great app! Because After Effects is fully QuickTime™ based, it works with all Blackmagic's media. You can also open and render Blackmagic's uncompressed 10 and 8 bit AVI and QuickTime™ files too. Files can be dropped into Final Cut Pro™ or Premiere Pro timelines without rendering, so you can move media between tools. DeckLink also provides full RAM preview playback, so you can always see what you're working on. There is no better solution for using After Effects for high end work than DeckLink cards!
- Adobe Photoshop™
DeckLink includes special Photoshop plug-ins, so you can directly capture and output still frames from within the Photoshop. If you're working with 10 bit HD/SD-SDI, you can even import and export 16 bit Photoshop™ images for full quality. Use DeckLink's 'keying to export' and key standard definition graphics from the video input using Photoshop alpha channels. Outputting Photoshop graphics from DeckLink lets you see the correct color and the effects of video interlace and field movement. DeckLink uses 'unity gain on', so you can't get illegal 100% RGB video levels eliminating surprises when graphics are output to tape!
Fusion is one of the world's most popular effects and compositing software that lets you use node based workflows for both sequential and parallel based effects design and processing. Fusion supports real-time out to the video output from any node in the node graph to see live video output from that processing point. Packed with a massive number of powerful features, Fusion is popular with feature film visual effects artists!
- Digidesign Pro Tools™
Pro Tools is the world's most popular audio post production tool and now all DeckLink cards support playback of the Pro Tools reference movies out to the video outputs all in real-time! When doing audio post production for video masters, it's incredibly easy to accidentally remove parts of audio while mixing and editing, and cause lip sync to misalignments between the video and audio tracks. Eliminate this problem by adding a DeckLink card to your ProTools system and playing video and audio together while mixing!
Blackmagic Utilities Included!
DeckLink cards also includes Blackmagic LiveKey, Blackmagic Disk Speed Test™ and the famous Blackmagic Codec. LiveKey lets you insert logos and other graphics in real-time using SDI outputs. Disk Speed Test checks your disk array and gives you an easy to understand speed test with the results in video frames per second! The world famous Blackmagic Codec allows highest rendering quality on Intensity and unlike other products, only the Blackmagic Codec features correct anti-aliasing 4:2:2 color filtering, so RGB graphics convert to correct 4:2:2 YUV video space without aliasing problems.
- SD Alpha Keying with LiveKey
DeckLink cards can be switched into a standard definition keyer card so you can live insert logos and other graphics in real time using the SDI outputs to an external mixer. The included LiveKey application allows you to turn on and control keying, and can also be used to output still images with alpha channels to key. LiveKey allows custom setting of key blending levels for live, up and down, fading of graphics. If you want to add a periodic overlay of a graphic, such as "not for copying or distribution" labels on dubs, then LiveKey has an automatic mode where graphics can be programmed to cycle up and down.
- Disk Speed Test
Configuring a high speed disk array for high speed uncompressed high definition video is getting easier. Even SATA disks can be connected together for low cost arrays with amazing speed and capacity. Use Disk Speed Test (included free) to get a great real world indication of your disk array performance. Reported in a simple frames per second count, Disk Speed Test uses long sustained block transfers just like capturing and playing video, so it's more accurate than generic disk test utilities.