Blackmagic Design ATEM Camera Converter
Blackmagic Design ATEM Camera Converter Get everything you need for cameras in live production with a single converter! Connect your camera’s SDI or HDMI outputs for conversion to optical fiber, while your switcher program feed can be fed back via optical fiber for camera monitoring. ATEM Camera Converter includes an internal battery, talkback, tally, and microphone inputs!
Extend your SDI or HDMI camera for 28 miles!
Extend your broadcast SDI or consumer HDMI camera using low cost optical fiber! Imagine connecting to cameras at remote locations on racing tracks, live sporting venus or even massive gold courses! Now with ATEM Camera Converter you can have more cameras closer to the action for the most amazing shots in live production! ATEM Camera Converter not only converts your camera to optical fiber, but it also includes talkback, external microphone input, program return feed, tally and built in battery power source! Now you can place cameras in multiple locations miles away from your switcher while keeping full broadcast HD video quality! Only $595
Professional Multi-Camera Production
ATEM Camera Converter gives you everything you need for live production in a single converter. Connect your camera to the SDI or HDMI inputs to convert to optical fiber, and connect your switcher program feed to the optical fiber input to convert to SDI and HDMI for monitoring. The SDI and HDMI monitoring outputs can be switched between your camera input or optical fiber input! Professional local microphone inputs are included. ATEM Camera Converter also includes an internal battery for remote use when your cameras are located far away from power sources, as well as built in talkback and tally!
Perfect For All Types Of Events!
ATEM Camera Converter uses optical fiber for its connection, so you get long distances combined with full uncompressed HD video quality. This lets you move your cameras farther away from your switcher and closer to the action! Imagine placing a camera at the end of drag racing strip, at the starting gate of a horse race, or even at the far end of a golf course! Even low cost consumer HD cameras look amazing when used with ATEM Camera Converter! ATEM Camera Converter is perfect for concerts, sporting events or even lecture theaters, houses of worship, surveillance, or any remote camera location!
Ultra Tough Design
ATEM Camera Converter is designed tough enough for the rigors of life on the road! For incredible strength, ATEM Camera Converter is machined from a solid billet of aircraft-grade aluminum with recessed connectors and a button control panel. This results in an incredibly strong design that can handle bumps and knocks without breaking. ATEM Camera Converter includes a side mounted clip, so you can hang it from your belt for maxiumum portability, then simply plug in your headset, camera and optical link! The built in button pad gives you control over power, microphone level, talkback and video, as well as battery indicators. You even get a USB port for software updates!
Designed for Live Production
Now you can eliminate multiple boxes hanging off your camera that limit your mobility, because ATEM Camera Converter includes everything you need for operating a camera in a live production. You get a simple solution that’s really 4 converters in one! The built in keyboard is located on the top, so it’s easy to adjust. ATEM Camera Converter even adjusts the microphone audio level smoothly, so when adjusted on air you won’t notice the level change! ATEM Camera Converter is fully bi-directional, so you can connect both your camera and a return program feed to the switcher at the same time!
ATEM Camera Converter might be affordable, but it’s got full broadcast quality with 10-bit video data paths, HD-SDI video technology and support for optical fiber SDI with a high quality laser driver for long distance connections. You get a solid design that looks great, but protects the connectors and keyboard from damage during live production use. Only ATEM Camera Converter gives you the best video technology available, so you get incredible quality HD video to your switcher for a true broadcast production standard.
- SDI Video Input 1 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable
- SDI Video Output 1 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable
- HDMI Video Input 1 x HDMI 1.3 type A connector
- HDMI Video Output 1 x HDMI 1.3 type A connector
- Optical Fiber Video Input 1 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable via LC connector
- Optical Fiber Video Output 1 x 10 bit SD/HD switchable via LC connector
- Analog Audio 2 x balanced 1/4in TRS connectors (stereo), line or microphone level in. When connected, replaces audio from SDI In or HDMI In. 1 x 3.5mm stereo connector for talkback microphone. 1 x 3.5mm stereo connector for stereo headphones (compatible with iPhone compatible headsets).
- Computer Interface 1 x USB 2.0 high speed interface for configuration and firmware updates
- SDI Compliance SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M
- Video Sampling 4:2:2
- Audio Sampling Television standard sample rate of 48Khz, 24 bit A/D conversion
- Color Precision 10 bit
- Color Space 4:2:2 YUV
- Multiple Rate support SDI and HDMI switches between 270Mb/s SD-SDI and 1.5Gb/s HD-SDI
- Software Included Converter Utility
- Firmware Upgrade Firmware built into software driver. Loaded at system startup or via updater software
- Power Supply 12V power supply included with international socket adaptors for all countries
- Product Warranty 12 months Limited Manufacturerft s Warranty
- Operating System Compatibility
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Apple Mac OS X
- Audio In: Connect higher quality microphones, wireless microphones or mixing desks using the stereo balanced 1/4" TRS inputs.
- SDI In: SDI camera input.
- HDMI Out: HDMI camera or HDMI-compatible DVI computer input.
- SDI Out: SDI output, selectable between return program or camera input for monitoring.
- HDMI Out: HDMI output, selectable between return program or camera input for monitoring.
- Talkback Mic and Headphones: Talkback connections support PC headsets or iPhone-compatible headsets.
- Optical In/Out: LC type fibre optic connections carry video, audio, talkback and tally.
- PTT: Press to talk allows camera operators to talk to the switcher operator
- Controls: Controls are included for headphone level, microphone level, camera number, power on/off and program/camera output selection.
- Indicators: LED indicators show the presence of valid video and optical signals and indicate battery level
Broadcast and Consumer Connections
ATEM Camera Converter connects to both HDMI and SDI video cameras! Video and audio are embedded into the optical fiber output, and microphone inputs are included for the ultimate in audio flexibility. That’s perfect when you need higher quality or wireless microphones on your cameras! The return optical fiber input can be used for a program feed from your switcher and is converted to the SDI and HDMI outputs. You can switch the SDI and HDMI outputs between program or camera feed with the push of a button!ATEM Camera Converter automatically detects the video standard and switches between SD and HD SDI. Talkback connections are built in and support PC style or iPhone-compatible headsets. Talkback and microphone connections even work when no video is connected! The HDMI input also supports HDMI-compatible DVI computer monitor outputs, so you can use ATEM Camera Converter in lecture halls! That’s fantastic when you need presentation slides as a full HD quality source into your switcher! Only ATEM Camera Converter includes connections for both broadcast and consumer equipment!
Optical Fiber Link
Optical fiber is the perfect connection because it’s used in computer networking and is common, affordable and easy to purchase! ATEM Camera Converter uses a single mode optical fiber pair with LC type connectors, so you get the freedom to connect your cameras up to 147,000 feet or 45KM from your switcher! That blows away the 300 feet limitation of SDI cable, so you can place cameras close to the action! Optical fiber is low cost, thin, and lightweight, plus is fully compatible with broadcast optical fiber SDI products.
In live production it’s critical for your camera operators to talk to the switcher operator so you can work as a team! ATEM Camera Converter includes talkback using low cost PC headsets or iPhone-compatible headphones, so each camera can communicate with the director at the switcher. ATEM Camera Converter talkback works by embedding the microphone audio into channels 15 and 16 of the camera optical fiber video output and listening to channels 15 and 16 of the optical fiber input on the headphones. You even get press to talk PTT and headphone level buttons on the keypad!
Battery or AC Powered
ATEM Camera Converter includes a standard 12 volt input that supports operation up to 30 volt DC. That let’s you use a wide range of power sources or even a car battery! You get a built in battery that lasts for hours and is recharged when plugged into a power supply. The 12V power connection uses a standard connector, so if you lose your power supply you can simply purchase one from any electrical retailer. If your power connection ever fails during a live event, the internal battery is automaically used to keep the ATEM Camera Converter operating! It’s just like a built in UPS!
Built In Tally
Now you can clearly see when your cameras are “on air"! ATEM Camera Converter uses an open standard tally packet in the SDI output on any ATEM switcher to illuminate 2 built in tally LEDs! All you need to do is connect the ATEM switcher’s program output to the ATEM Camera Converter via the return optical fiber feed! Then simply select the camera number via USB software or using the camera number button on the keypad. If you have external monitoring plugged into the HDMI or SDI outputs, you can even display a red tally border on your monitor!
Belt Clip or Camera Mount
When you need to move around, ATEM Camera Converter is perfect because it moves with you! With an integrated belt clip, you can simply snap it onto your belt, connect the cables, and move around with ease. If you’re using a tripod, it’s easy to strap ATEM Camera Converter onto the tripod beside your camera. When your camera is located in remote locations without power, the built in battery will keep you going for hours! Or, when power is available, plug in the power and use the internal battery as a built in UPS!