Blackmagic DeckLink HD Extreme 3D PlusThe new DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+ features single and dual channel SDI capture and playback for both regular 2D and new 3D stereoscopic workflows! Includes dual link 3 Gb/s SDI, HDMI 1.4 and analog component/composite/s-video connections. Work in SD, HD, 3 Gb/s HD-SDI and 2K in 4:2:2 or 4:4:4. Also includes AES and analog balanced audio, 16 channel SDI audio, genlock and deck control. SDI, HDMI and analog component works in all video formats up to 1080p60. Includes broadcast quality up, down and cross conversion, plus built in SD/HD internal keyer.
Get the world's highest quality 2D and 3D workflows!
New PLUS version with added HDMI 1.4 and up/down/cross conversion! The new DeckLink HD Extreme 3D includes SDI, HDMI 1.4, analog component, analog and AES/EBU audio and more. Now you can capture and play back from virtually any video and audio device, even in 3D! DeckLink HD Extreme 3D also includes the latest technology for advanced full resolution 3D editing, including dual stream SDI capture and playback plus built in HDMI 1.4! Perfect for post production, broadcast and even feature film work, DeckLink HD Extreme 3D switches between SD and HD, and has built in 3 Gb/s SDI, 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 RGB, native 12 bit and frame rates right up to 1080p60! DeckLink HD Extreme 3D also features built in up, down and cross conversion, plus an internal SD/HD keyer.
Amazing 3D Workflow
DeckLink HD Extreme 3D is ready for advanced 3D workflows using both interleaved and dual stream capture and playback. Interleaved allows the left and right eye to be combined into a single frame so you can edit 3D using your favorite editing software! Dual stream is also fully supported in DeckLink HD Extreme 3D using the dual SDI and HDMI 1.4 connections for capture and playback of two full resolution video streams for left and right eye into two separate media files. Dual stream 3D allows the highest quality 3D possible because each eye is captured as an independent full resolution media file, although is often less compatible with current editing software. To solve the dual stream compatibility problem, Blackmagic Design's Media Express is included and supports capture and playback of both interleaved and dual stream 3D media files for a complete 3D solution!
World's Highest Quality
Fully compatible with SD-SDI and HD-SDI 4:2:2, new DeckLink HD Extreme 3D also features Dual Link HD-SDI 4:4:4 connections for feature film quality. Dual Link 4:4:4 is used on the latest Sony HDCAM SR decks, and contains additional color detail giving you full RGB color bandwidth with 10 bit video precision.
True Professional Quality Audio
DeckLink HD Extreme 3D features unbalanced AES digital audio in and out as well as XLR balanced pro audio for incredible quality while maintaining sample accurate AV sync. DeckLink HD Extreme 3D includes a sample rate converter on the AES/EBU input, so you can connect to any digital audio device.
Compatible with Popular Software
DeckLink HD Extreme 3D works in Windows XP™, Windows Vista™, Windows 7, Mac OS X™ and Linux systems. Use your favorite video software such as Apple Final Cut Pro™, Adobe Premiere Pro™, Adobe After Effects™, Adobe Photoshop™, eyeon Fusion™ and many more. Instantly switch between SD, HD, and 2K.
New 3 Gb/s SDI Connections
The new DeckLink HD Extreme 3D is the first capture card to include high speed 3 Gb/s SDI connections. 3 Gb/s SDI is the latest version of the SDI video standard that allows 4:4:4 RGB and 2K film connection and even 3D with a single BNC type connection. 3 Gb/s SDI runs twice the data rate of normal HD-SDI video, however it can instantly switch to traditional standard definition and high definition SDI. 3 Gb/s SDI allows 4:4:4 RGB workflow or full resolution 2K feature film quality 24 fps 2048 x 1556 capture and playback. 2K via SDI allows a revolutionary change to feature film workflow as now you can connect film resolution video around your facility using the same familiar workflow as a "normal" video job! Only DeckLink HD Extreme 3D gives you film editing features built in for no extra cost!
New HDMI 1.4 Support
DeckLink HD Extreme 3D features the latest generation of HDMI 1.4 built in for capture and playback! HDMI 1.4 lets you keep your 3D video in full resolution because it transfers frames using the frame packing method. Frame packing keeps the video frames separate for the left and right eyes using a single HDMI connection. HDMI 1.4 is a massive improvement over the previous generation HDMI for 3D. However DeckLink HD Extreme 3D also keeps compatibility with these previous generation HDMI devices by supporting side by side, line by line and top and bottom method for transferring 3D video which are half resolution 3D modes. DeckLink HD Extreme 3D is intelligent, and adapts when you plug into older HDMI devices or the latest HDMI 1.4 devices! Now you can capture 3D from devices such as cameras and gaming consoles into two separate full resolution video files, one for each eye. Imagine the quality of the latest generation HDMI 1.4 televisions for monitoring dual stream full resolution 3D! That's the highest quality 3D possible!
More HD Real Time Effects
DeckLink HD Extreme 3D's super fast 10 Gb/s connection plugs directly into your editing software's real time effects processing. Unlike FireWire products, you get all CPU time for real time effects, as only PCI Express lets you upgrade to HD without limiting real time effects. The higher speed of PCI Express also easily handles advanced formats such as full resolution 2K digital film. Only high speed PCI Express ensures that when you upgrade your studio to high definition, you'll get full real time effects.
Includes Loads of Free Software
Utilities Photoshop™ plug-ins are included for capture and output of still frames. Blackmagic Media Express™ lets you control a deck remotely via RS-422 for capture and playback of clips with timecode accuracy and Blackmagic Disk Speed Test™ checks your disk array in frames per second.
- SDI Video Input 2 x 10-bit SD/HD/2K and 2D/3D switchable.
- Supports 3 Gb/s single link 4:2:2/4:4:4 and dual link 4:2:2/4:4:4.
- SDI Video Output 2 x 10-bit SD/HD/2K and 2D/3D switchable.
- Supports 3 Gb/s single link 4:2:2/4:4:4 and dual link 4:2:2/4:4:4.
- Analog Video Input 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to S-Video or Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- Analog Video Output 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to S-Video and Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
- HDMI Video Input 1 x HDMI type A connector
- HDMI Video Output 1 x HDMI type A connector
- SDI Audio Input 16 Channels embedded in SD, HD and 2K.
- SDI Audio Output 16 Channels embedded in SD, HD and 2K.
- Analog Audio Input 2 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors.
- Analog Audio Output 2 Channels of professional balanced analog audio via XLR connectors.
- HDMI Audio Input 8 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- HDMI Audio Output 8 Channels embedded in SD and HD.
- AES/EBU Audio Input 2 Channels unbalanced with sample rate converter.
- AES/EBU Audio Output 2 Channels unbalanced.
- Sync Input Blackburst in SD, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 formats or Tri-Sync in any HD or 2K format.
- Device Control Sony™ compatible RS422 deck control ports.
- Serial ports TxRx direction reversible under software control.
- Computer Interface PCI Express 4 lane, compatible with 4, 8 and 16 lane PCIe slots.
- 2K Format Support 2048 x 1080PsF23.98, 2048 x 1080p23.98, 2048 x 1080PsF24, 2048 x 1080p24, 2048 x 1080PsF25, 2048 x 1080p25, 2048 x 1556PsF23.98, 2048 x 1556PsF24 and 2048 x 1556PsF25.
- HD Format Support 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p30, 1080i50, 1080p50, 1080i59.94, 1080p59.94, 1080i60, and 1080p60.
- SD Format Support 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC, 525/23.98 NTSC and 480p.
- SDI Compliance SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 372M, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
- Multiple Rate support SDI, HDMI and component analog video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s standard definition SDI, 1.5 Gb/s HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s HD and 2K SDI.
- Video Sampling 4:2:2 and 4:4:4
- Color Precision 10 bit
- Color Space 4:2:2 YUV and 4:4:4 RGB
- SDI Metadata Support VITC read for 3:2 pulldown removal. VANC capture and playback using up to 3 lines of video in file. HD RP188. Closed captioning.
- Audio Sampling Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit.
- HDMI Configuration HDMI automatically configures to connected display.
- HDMI Resolution Pixel for pixel HD resolution input to connected device.
- HDMI Color Precision 10 bit
- Copy Protection For legal reasons HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- Colorspace Conversion Hardware based real-time.
- HD Down Conversion Built in, high quality hardware down converter outputs HD-SDI on SDI A output, SD-SDI on SDI B output and Composite and S-Video when working in HD video formats on playback. Switch analog video to Component and choose HD or SD output. Selectable between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3.
- HD Up Conversion Built-in, high quality hardware up conversion from SD to 720HD or 1080HD on playback. Selectable between 4:3 pillarbox, 14:9 pillarbox and 16:9 zoom. HD outputs via HD-SDI, HDMI and component analog.
- Cross Conversion Built-in, high quality hardware cross conversion from 720HD to 1080HD and 1080HD to 720HD on playback.
- 3D Processing Dual stream SDI capture and playback.
- Real Time Effects Apple Final Cut Pro™ internal effects in DV, DVCPRO HD, ProRes and uncompressed on Intel Mac OS X™. Adobe® Premiere Pro® internal effects in DV, DVCPRO HD, MJPEG and uncompressed.
- Third Party Software Support
- Adobe Premiere Pro CS5
- Adobe After Effects CS5
- Adobe Photoshop CS5
- Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 v4.2
- Adobe After Effects CS4
- Adobe Photoshop CS4
- Eyeon Fusion 5.3
- Eyeon Fusion 5.3.1
- Eyeon Fusion 6
- Steinberg Nuendo 3.2
- Autodesk Combustion 4
- Autodesk Combustion 2008
- Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic System Preferences and Blackmagic driver on Mac OS X™.
- Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic Control Panel and Blackmagic driver on Windows™.
- Media Express, Blackmagic Control Panel and Blackmagic driver on Linux.
- Breakout Cable
- PCI Express 4 lane, compatible with 4, 8, 16 lane PCI Express slots on Mac OS X™, Windows™ and Linux. Mac OS X™ systems require a Mac Pro computer.
Please check the Blackmagic Design Support pages to see the full system requirements. http://www.blackmagic-design.com/support/
World's Highest Quality!
Fully compatible with SD-SDI and HD-SDI 4:2:2, new DeckLink HD Extreme 3D also features Dual Link HD-SDI 4:4:4 connections for feature film quality. Dual Link 4:4:4 is used on the latest Sony HDCAM SR decks, and contains additional color detail giving you full RGB color bandwidth and extra precision of up to 10 bit SDI video. When connected via PCI Express to a host computer, this higher quality video can be captured and played back completely uncompressed for amazing feature film quality. DeckLink HD Extreme 3D also takes a new lead in quality with the latest 3 Gb/s SDI technology, so you can connect RGB 4:4:4 and 2K and even 3D via a single SDI connection. 3 Gb/s SDI technology is the video standard of the future for post production, and allows "beyond HDTV resolutions". DeckLink HD Extreme 3D is ideal for connecting to Digital Betacam™, Panasonic HD-D5™ or the new Sony HDCAM SR decks. Uncompressed 10 bit video is the highest quality possible from the SDI television system, and only uncompressed video will hold up under heavy working conditions demanded by clients today while retaining a delicate film look.
Move between SD, HDTV and 2K
DeckLink HD Extreme 3D supports dual rate SDI so you can instantly switch between SD and HD. This is ideal for modern workflows where HD may be a smaller part of the market for most people. Most people run standard definition for 80% or more of their work, but need high definition capability for specific spots. With SDI products, such as DeckLink cards and Blackmagic converters, you can immediately switch over to HD when a job comes along. Full resolution video is supported from standard definition SDI using 720 x 486 for NTSC and 720 x 576 for PAL, and the HDTV resolutions of 1280 x 720 for the 720p HD standard and 1920x1080 for the 1080 HD standard, or use the built in 3 Gb/s SDI connections for full 2048 x 1556 playback at 24 fps, for perfect for feature film workflow. Now you can take on HD and 2K jobs when they come along, keeping your equipment productive with standard definition work.
Hardware Down Converter
If you've ever wanted to monitor in both HD and SD while you work, then you'll love the built in high quality down converter on the DeckLink Studio model that's always active on the SD-SDI, S-Video and composite video output connections. This lets you use the main SD/HD-SDI output for HD, while simultaneously using the SD-SDI, S-Video and composite outputs for standard definition. When working in HD the built in down converter lets all video outputs remain active in both capture and playback mode, and in all HD video formats! You can instantly select between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3 down conversion styles.
Incredibly Low SDI Jitter
For highest quality digital broadcast workflows, DeckLink cards include incredible 10 bit SD/HD-SDI video with low SDI jitter, combined with AES/EBU digital audio with a high performance linear phase digital filtered sample rate converter. DeckLink Studio features a total of 10 on board power supplies to isolate high precision analog electronics from digital noise, so you get pristine quality analog video and audio. Only DeckLink cards provides all the quality you need for the most demanding broadcast environments and ensures your work retains that wonderful film look!
Built in SD Keyer!
When working in standard definition, DeckLink cards include the most amazing quality digital internal keyer that lets you key RGBA images over the video input. That's a total keying solution built right into DeckLink Studio. The built in keyer works great when used with Blackmagic Design's included Photoshop plug-ins, or even with RGBA animated video software for keying. If you want to perform keying externally, such as an external video mixer, then just select external key and DeckLink Studio will output the key channel on the SD-SDI output, with the fill channel on the main SD/HD-SDI output.
Live Broadcast Graphics Presentation
Use the built-in SD keyer for overlaying graphics live into production switchers. Even if you're only adding station indents, keying makes it easy when using the two SDI outputs as fill and key. Use the Blackmagic LiveKey application for turning on and off the keying function. Blackmagic LiveKey will also automatically fade graphics on and off for specific times. DeckLink works with all available QuickTime™ software tools.
True Professional Quality Audio
DeckLink HD Extreme 3D features unbalanced AES digital audio in and out as well as XLR balanced pro audio for incredible quality while maintaining sample accurate AV sync. DeckLink HD Extreme 3D includes a sample rate converter on the AES/EBU input, so you can connect to any digital audio device, as either synchronized or un-synchronized sources. DeckLink HD Extreme 3D also includes a massive 16 channels of SDI embedded audio support for HD capture and playback, and 8 channels of SDI embedded audio for standard definition capture and playback.
QuickTime™ and DirectShow™
Driver DeckLink cards works with all video software because of DirectShow™ and QuickTime™ compatibility. What’s QuickTime™ and DirectShow™? They are file formats within Mac OS X™ and Windows™ operating systems that let application software capture and play back via hardware cards. Once a card is QuickTime™ or DirectShow™ compatible, then it’s also compatible with hundreds of software utilities, ranging from large editing software to small custom utilities. Unlike expensive prebuilt systems, with QuickTime™ and DirectShow™ compatibility you have the freedom to configure your system exactly the way you want. To make things even easier, we include setups for editing software such as Final Cut Pro™ and Premiere Pro®. Simply click, and start editing!
Online or Offline Editing
Do your offline editing and then move to online editing using the same tool! DeckLink supports uncompressed online quality and on Mac OS X™, DeckLink also supports ProRes, DV and JPEG compression for offline work. A faster alternative to offline is using DeckLink for uncompressed 10 bit capture and playback. You can do all of your work in uncompressed and when your job is finished you won't need to do online at all. That's great when deadlines are tight as you can work right up to the deadline before outputting to tape. Eliminating the offline process can really save time and lowers costs.
Customize your Systems
You can build your DeckLink system exactly how you need it. You can mix and match system components, such as DeckLink models and software applications any way you like. For example, if you're only doing DVD authoring on Mac OS X™, then simply add a DeckLink card and DVD Studio Pro™ to get up and running immediately. DeckLink also includes deck control so you can capture clips direct from tape. If you're editing on Windows™ then simply add DeckLink and Premiere Pro for a fantastic high quality editing solution. Talk with your local Blackmagic dealer about your workflow needs, your dealer can customize a solution that's perfect for you or do it yourself!