3G/HD-SDI Multiplexer To HDMI 1.4a and SDI Video and Audio Converter
The Hi5-3D is a 3D video multiplexer that combines two 3G or HD-SDI Inputs into various multiplexed 3D formats for output on HDMI 1.4a and HD-SDI. The HDMI 1.4a output supports EDID transactions that allow automatic 2D/3D configuration per the HDMI monitor's capabilities. Input SDI 2 will be frame synchronized to input SDI 1 in 3D Modes. Embedded SDI input audio is embedded in both the HDMI and SDI outputs. 2 channel RCA audio output is also supported with user control of channel selection. The Hi5-3D supports AJA's Mini-Config application for user configuration and firmware download.
3D Modes Supported
The Hi5-3D supports, depending on the video format, "side-by-side", "top-bottom", and "frame- packing" 3D modes. The "side-by-side" and "top-bottom" modes involve compressing, either horizontally or vertically, each input for combining into a single video stream at the same rate of the inputs. The "frame-packing" mode stacks two full resolution inputs into a "tall" frame (at twice the clock and line rates). When selected, "frame- packing" can only be used with 23.98/24Hz input frame rates.
Each input, in addition to 3D processing, can be flipped either horizontally, vertically, or both. This control is provided by 4 switches that can be engaged in any combination.
The Hi5-3D works with both 2D and 3D inputs. When in the 2D mode, the input is simply passed to the output unmodified. In the 3D mode, the Hi5-3D supports the minimum required 3D modes as defined by the CEA for HDMI 1.4a televisions.
CEA Required 3D modes:
"psf" inputs are converted to "p" for HDMI output. The SDI output can support S/S and T/B formats only. Future software versions may add other frame rates.
The Hi5-3D supports both dipswitch control and host control via the Mini-Config application. One of the dipswitches is a "Local/Remote" switch. When in the "Local" mode, the remaining dipswitches support a subset of the user controls. When in the "Remote" mode, AJA's Mini-Config application controls the unit (or control as last set).
- Input Formats:
- 720p 50/59.94/60
- 1080i 50/59.94/60
- 1080p23.98 1080p24 1080p25
- Video Inputs:
- Dual 3G and HD-SDI (auto-selected)
- 2x BNC
- 1 SDI for left eye input (10-bit)
- 1 SDI for right eye input (10-bit)
- Video output:
- 10-bit HDMI v1.4a
- 3G/HD-SDI output, 10-bit
- Audio Outputs:
- HDMI embedded audio 2 or 8 channels
- 2 RCA-style analog outputs at -10dBV (nominal) User assignable channels
- 5.8" x 3.1" x 1 (147mm x 79mm x 25mm)
- +5-20 VDC regulated, 5 watts (AJA power supply model DWP or DWP-U recommended) (sold separately)
NOTE: The Hi5-3D does not encode the HDMI output with HDCP encryption. By definition, SDI inputs to the Hi5-3D are unencrypted.
- 3G/HD-SDI to HDMI 1.4a with additional SDI output
- 10-bit HDMI 1.4a support including 3D and embedded audio
- Additional 2 Channel RCA jack audio output
- Setup via Dipswitch or PC/Mac using USB port and supplied USB cable (USB configuration software application supplied on CD)
- Uses 5-20V power (supply sold separately)
- 5 year warranty